Natural skincare products are becoming increasingly popular as people become more aware of the potential side-effects of synthetic ingredients. However, with so many options available, it can be difficult to know which natural skincare products are best for your needs. To help you make the right choice, here is a guide on how to choose the best natural skincare products for your needs. We will discuss factors such as ingredient lists, skin type compatibility and product reviews that should be taken into consideration when choosing natural skincare products.
Here are some tips to help you make an informed decision:
Determine your skin type:
Knowing your skin type is an essential part of taking proper care of your skin. It helps you to choose the right and best natural skin care product that suits your needs and helps you achieve healthy, glowing skin.
The first step in knowing your skin type is to identify what kind of concerns you have with your current skin condition. Is it dryness, oiliness, or sensitivity? Once you determine this, it will be easier for you to find the right natural skin care product that works for you.
Read the ingredients:
It is important to read the ingredients of any natural skin care product before you buy it, as some ingredients may have adverse effects on your skin. Knowing what ingredients are in a product can help you make an informed decision about which one to buy.
1.Ingredients to avoid
● Fragrance/perfume- Added fragrances have a high prevalence of causing skin allergies and irritation, and it’s especially important to avoid them if you've got sensitive skin.
● Sulphates- They are used as cleansing agents, and are often found in cleansing products like body wash and shampoos. They strip the hair and skin of its natural oil and may, in turn, irritate.
● Parabens- Parabens are commonly placed in products as a chemical preservative to stop bacterial growth. They’re known to be oestrogen mimickers and that can harm the body.
● Formaldehyde and formaldehyde releasers- Although very rare to find, formaldehyde in an ingredient list anymore since it’s classified as a known carcinogen.
2.Ingredients to seek out
● L-Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)
● Tocopherol (Vitamin E)
Check for certifications:
Look for products that have been certified by a recognized organisation such as USDA organic, Ecocert, and COSMOS. These certifications ensure that the products are made with natural ingredients and are free from harmful chemicals.
Consider your concerns:
If you have specific skin concerns such as acne, aging, or hyperpigmentation, look for products that are formulated to address those concerns.
Do a patch test:
Before using a new skincare product, do a patch test to check for any allergic reactions or sensitivity. Apply a small amount of the product on your wrist or behind your ear and wait for 24 hours.
Consult with a dermatologist:
If you have severe skin issues or are unsure about what products to use, it's always best to consult with a dermatologist.
Remember, natural skincare products may take longer to show results compared to synthetic products, but they are safer for your skin and the environment.